Membership of FPAs is voluntary for most landowners
Landowners can choose whether to join an FPA or not.
This is because:
- The right to freedom of association in the Constitution must be upheld.
- Landowners themselves need to make firm commitments to co-operate through FPAs.
Who is compelled to join an FPA?
The owners of:
- State land
- District and local municipalities (including the land and properties they own), if there is a registered FPA in their area of jurisdiction
State land means:
- National or provincial land
- Land held in trust for communities by the Minister of Land Affairs or the Ingonyama Trust
Associated Files:Regsaanspreeklikheid en die Boer
Applicaition Form / Aansoek Vorm
Membership Fees / Fooie